Monday, August 13, 2012

Literature Looks: Hermione Granger


I'm not going to lie. I am a bigger Harry Potter fan than I am of beauty and fashion. LeakyCon is on my bucket list. I'm going as Luna Lovegood for Halloween. The person I like is as big of a fan as I am. So yes, I will be ranting quite a bit.

My thoughts on Hermione:
Hermione is my second favorite character after Luna. She is a strong, independent woman who proves that brains surpass the need to have any sort of man in your life to protect you. I chose a look from Deathly Hallows Part One. Not only will I show her makeup, but I'll give you some ideas on how to do the hair and find some similar dresses. Let's hop right in!


I chose to do a look from Bill & Fleur's wedding. The general idea of the makeup is very casual but flawless. Even though I have three main face primers, I always seem to end up using my Magic-Lumi one in my tutorials! As you probably know it's a fabulous primer, and I love the way it makes my skin look.

Next I wanted to use a very light coverage foundation. It's so light you can still see freckles, like Emma's, but it gives a nice amount of coverage.

Tip: I use a foundation brush from Smashbox as well as a blending sponge. It's important to make foundation natural, which mean blending into your skin and getting rid of foundation lines. After applying it with a foundation brush, clean it up with a blending sponge. You can find sponges at Target or regular drugstores. You've all heard the sayings like "Wear your foundation, don't let the foundation wear you", so here's another one. "Foundation should help you have flawless skin. It shouldn't be the flaw."



Use whatever concealer you think works for you. I use Neutrogena's 3-in-1 concealer for my under eyes and whatever else I have on my skin. Recently I have been using a great new double sided brush from Smashbox to blend concealer.

Now, if your skin is oily or you like using Powder, go ahead and use whatever powder and brush you might need. I'm going to skip it and move right into our eyes!

In the look I went for she is wearing a darker combination of colors, but not a smoky eye. To start off, I used a lid brush to push "Cement" from Bobbi Brown on the inner 3/4 of the eye. It's a basic gray, matte shadow that looks fabulous as an all over the lid color, or you can pair it with a champagne or silvery shadow and put it in the crease. For the crease I want I chose the color "Velvet Plum", also from Bobbi Brown and put it in the outer corner and deep into the crease. Blending it out with a lid brush or a Mac 217 brush is necessary to give it a subtle, soft look.



I chose not to a gel liner on the lid, but instead I picked out my Ulta Liner in Chocolate and Deep Brown. Using the Chocolate end, line your water line & upper tightline. I like using brown instead of black because it's not as harsh and less racoon-y.








To me, mascara is like the finishing touch to an eye look. It makes them pop, look beautiful. It's like the stamp on an envelope or a kiss goodnight. For this look I used Maybelline's Mega Plush mascara.

As for blush, use whatever pink blush suits you the best. I chose ELF's Pink Passion and swirled it onto my cheeks and up towards my temples. Next I used a pale pink lipstick. It's A L'oreal Color Rouge Lip Balm in Cotton Pink, and it's beautiful! Here is our finished look:


 Pretty, right? As for hair, use whatever you think would make your hair that "curly, wavy effect". Here are some tips:

1. Use a small barrel curling iron and curl your hair completely. After spraying hairspray, brush through your hair so you no longer have curls, just waves. Next take two small pieces of hair from the front and pin them to the back of your head.

2. Or you can wash your head, put in two braids and sleep on it. When you wake up, take it out, put whatever product you want in it and hairspray. Pin the pieces back with a clip.

As for the dress, I have some similar products that are just as beautiful!

These two dresses are very modern but have similar necklines to that of Hermione's.





For a fancier, more "wedding" version, try this:

or this:

Love you guys!

xoxo Anna



No comments:

Post a Comment